Deploy Static Websites To Amazon S3 - Discharge
Static websites are the best in terms of not only simplicity but also speed. Practically, they are free to host. Since late January 2016, AWS has become one of the best hosting providers of Static Websites. It has features like security, durability, and high-scalability of object storage. Amazon S3 i.e. simple storage service is preferred for the purpose of hosting. Discharge, with its amazing features, is the simplest way to deploy websites to Amazon S3.
Features Of Static Websites Hosting Using Discharge
- Sub-domains support.
- No trailing slashes support in URLs.
- Step-by-list of what’s happening.
- Interactive UI for configuring deployment.
- CDN and HTTPS /TLS support.
- Little AWS is required.
- Use an AWS profile to authenticate with AWS.
Complete Procedures Of Deploying Using Discharge
- Installation: - Install globally or add to application’s package. Json.
- Authentication: - Credentials in a file. - Configuring AWS credentials can be a bit confusing. Get access keyID and secret Access Key from AWS. Store them in a file.
- Credentials in an environment- In case of preferring environment variables, you omit the AWS profile configuration option.
- Configure: - Configuration is done via a .discharge.Json file located at the root of your application. To get an interactive UI, run discharge init. This way configuration file will generate.
- Domain: -The domain name of your website will be used as an S3 bucket.
- Build command: - The command used in a shell to build the static website.
- Upload directory: -The name of the directory build command uploaded to S3.
- Index key: - The key of the document.
Series of Steps For deploying Processes
After the whole process of configuration, you can deploy the website, run discharge deploy. The series of deploying steps are safe to run over and over again. As a result, no changes are made; the outcome will always be the same.
- In case you change website configuration: - Similarly, (cache, redirects, etc) will be updated.
- As a matter of fact, in case you change website content: - A difference will be done to figure out what needs to change.
Above all, this way of hosting a static website with Amazon web services has become easier. Hope this guide will help you in deploying.
So, if you want Static Websites or E-commerce website design services, you can interact with the qualified professionals. Contact expert professionals at Techies to have expected results in defined time.